Skip to main content

Frances WillardElementary

Main Menu Toggle

Federal Government Program to Provide Food Assistance for Families

The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program is part of the U.S. government response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of the program is to provide food assistance to families with students who are attending school from home and would have received free or reduced meals at school.


Eligible families don’t need to apply for the cards. The card can be used at most major grocery stores to purchase food. One card will be issued for each child, so families with more than one child will receive multiple cards. 


$6.82 per day per student will be put on the cards. Additional funds will be loaded on each card monthly.


For more information and FAQ's please visit the Illinois Department of Human Services. Families can also contact the DHS toll-free P-EBT Helpline number at 1-833-621-0737. Families can also send an email to


Ways to ask questions about P-EBT:

  • Check the FAQ on the Illinois Department of Human Services site >>
  • Additional resources are available on the Illinois State Board of Education at
  • To inquire about benefit status, amounts or eligibility, here is a IDHS P-EBT Inquiry Form to fill out online >>
  • If the family has already received their P-EBT Link Card, and need to update their address; they should contact the LINK hotline at 1-800-678-5465. If needed, you can order a new card at that time as well.
  • If the family has not received their P-EBT Link Card, but have been told that at least one student in their household is eligible, they can request an address change online at P-EBT Change of Address Form.
  • If the family has an existing case for SNAP, Cash or Medical benefits, use Manage My Case (MMC) to report their change of address or they can call the LINK hotline at 1-800-678-5465.